Monday, August 31, 2009

due

Yesterday was Nicholas's due date. It's strange,
we feel like he's been with us forever already.
He was meant to be a part of this family,
and we see now how much our Heavenly Father must love us, to send Nicholas to us.
We feel so blessed. It's amazing.

We celebrated his due date by drinking the Kiwi Nectar juice we bought in France last year. We've been saving it for a special occasion,
and I don't think it gets any more special than having a new baby.

I also made Nectarine Cobbler. Kent said right away that it is a "do again" recipe. The carmelized butter--SO good.
Yeah, I would recommend it.

We also celebrated by spending a lot of extra time holding Nicholas. He was needing some extra love yesterday, but he still gave us a good night last night, so I won't complain!

And because I would still be pregnant if he hadn't come early, here's one last look at how being pregnant changed me.

38 weeks:


40 weeks:

6 comments:

heidi said...

two weeks can change a lot of things. you look great, hope the night times are going well.

Lisa Brown said...

You look great, and that nectarine cobbler sounds so yummy.

I understand the needing extra love thing. Both of my kids were movers, but both wanted to be held a lot. If I didn't have a baby sling, I don't know what I would have done, because how can you say no to a sweet adorable newborn :)?

Teresa said...

Is'nt it wonderful what happens when you bring a sweet new little life into your home- it's like you said "It's seems like it's always been this way."
That's what happens when you give you whole "being" to make things wonderful for another little person.
Enjoy-
You look great.

Shannon b said...

holy cow, Becca - you look sooo good!
What a great thing to celebrate. I remember having the "what did we ever do before kids?" conversation with Scott many times after Conner entered our family.

sadie607 said...

Wow you look amazing. Happy due date.

The Tibbitts said...

Lookin' good. I am so glad Nicholas came early for you. You didn't have to be pregnant as long and you got an early present (an adorable son)--that's double the good luck!