Friday, August 14, 2009

meanwhile

It seems that waiting for this baby has taken over. This blog. My conversations. My facebook updates. My thoughts.
Our lives.

But he appears to be perfectly content right where he's at, so we wait.
And meanwhile,
We do silly things, like have a winter-themed dinner.
(San Antonio has had 55 days of 100* or above in the last three months.)

I made snowflakes out of tortillas. Just like they were paper snowflakes. Tortilla snowflakes.
It was pretty much one of the coolest things I've ever done. I had Kent take a full-body shot of me tonight, but this one is all you're going to see. I saw the picture he took and then I realized why the lady at the store assumed I was overdue.
I'm on my way to birthing a nine-pounder, I'm afraid.

And, as you see, I can't even write a "non-pregnancy" post without talking about being pregnant.
I told you it's taken over. I'm sorry.

I made swiss cheese fondue, and we pretended it was snow that we were dipping our food in.
Silly? Yeah. But everyone needs a little silliness now and then.I was thinking maybe I went a little overboard on the decorations for a meal just for the two of us.
Then I spilled a hundred little fake ice cubes on the kitchen floor.
And I think picking them all up made me feel just a little bit colder.
Which at this point, is worth almost anything.

2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

What a fun idea!! So sorry about the heat, but trust me, you will LOVE the weather there once summer is over.

heidi said...

what a fun dinner, i'll bet it was nice, especially it being just for the two of you!