Friday, August 7, 2009

self

I tagged myself from Shannon's post-I thought it was a fun one, and I like to do these every once in a while. I'm hoping that I'll be able to look back on them and have a glimpse of what my life was like at this point in time.

What is your current obsession?
Watching Leverage on Netflix. Kent and I watch an episode every night after dinner, sometimes while Kent works out on the exercise bike upstairs. It's a fun show, but best of all, it hasn't yet included any language or content that I find objectionable--and for me, that's rare!

What do you hate (or dislike) the most that everyone else seems to love?
Although it isn't something that everyone else loves, I really can't stand the yappy little dogs next door that our neighbors must love. If they didn't, they would get rid of them.

What are you wearing today?
My only pair of maternity shorts that are still wearable, and a brown and white maternity top that isn't my favorite, but I'm a little short on options at this point. I could buy more clothes, but I'm so close to the end that it doesn't seem worth it. Also a cream colored shade shirt, my wedding ring, and coral-colored toenail polish.

What's for dinner?
Either poppyseed chicken with noodles, breakfast burritos, or mac and cheese-it will all depend on how I'm feeling once dinnertime rolls around. My appetite (and energy level) has been up and down lately. Something that sounds good one minute will be the last thing I want to eat the next minute. Poor Kent has had to fend for himself a lot lately.

What would you eat for your last meal?
Oh boy-I love food, and there are so many yummy things. Right now I would pick Dad's tenderloin, corn on the cob, fresh garden veggies, mom's rolls, grilled peaches, zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting, and a melona bar (Hawaiian ice cream treat). Oh, and a pain au chocolate (croissant with chocolate) from France.

What was the last thing you bought?
I bought two cardboard baby books--one is about colors and the other is a fun touch-and-feel book about counting. I can't wait to read to my baby!

What are you listening to right now?
A great big military airplane coming in for a landing. San Antonio has a couple of Air Force bases, and you can hear these planes pretty much everywhere.

What do you think of the person who tagged you?
Something I've always admired about Shannon is that she possesses grace-she always knows the right things to say and do, in any situation. I feel like I could use a lesson in that; I often unintentionally say things I regret later. She is an incredible mother, always doing creative and fun things with her kids, and she also manages to keep a beautiful house at the same time.

If you could have a house fully paid for and totally furnished anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Kent and I really want to move closer to one of our families--we're thinking either Colorado, Oregon, Utah, or California. We also want to live somewhere with a better climate (not so hot and dry), and I'm hoping for somewhere with mountains. So anyplace that meets those requirements.

If you could go anywhere for the next hour, where would it be?
I want to go toobing the Comal River again. It's incredibly refreshing and relaxing.

What is one of your hobbies?
Sad confession: I don't know if I have any hobbies right now. I like cooking. I also like to read, but I don't do it much anymore. And I love to play the piano, but I haven't touched one for a couple of months. I wonder if I can find a cheap-yet-decent piano on Craigslist?

What are three things that annoy you most?
1. When people chew with their mouths open, especially chewing gum like that.
2. The poodles next door. (I probably just need to learn to ignore them.)
3. People (kids and adults) who say that they are bored. There's so many exciting things to do in the world-they should find something to do and then do it!

What is your favorite color?
I have always loved green.

What is your favorite item of clothing in your wardrobe?
Practical?
My flip-flops. Except for Church shoes on Sundays, I haven't worn any other shoes since we moved here.
Impractical? I don't think I have anything that is truly impractical. That's kind of sad. I'll have to find something.

What are you going to do after this?
I'll be heading to the bathroom for the 15th time this morning.

What is your favorite fruit?
Fresh peaches, watermelon, raspberries

What inspires you?
Mothers who delight in their children.

Who was the last person you kissed?
Kent-he gave me a snuggle before he left for work this morning.

What are you currently reading?
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Kent and I started reading the series after we saw the last movie. I've read them before, but Kent hasn't, and I'm so happy that he's enjoying them, because he isn't much of a reader usually.

What delighted you the most today?
I'm stretching it to yesterday--I had a doctor's appointment and found out that the baby is low and in position and I'm already dialated to a 3!! Any day now... We're both excited, but Kent is super anxious to have this baby here already. Every night he reminds me to wake him up if I need to go to the hospital. :D


I tag:
Lisa,
Jesika,
Angie

7 comments:

Nancy said...

You are so cute Rebecca! I am pretty sure you will not forget to wake up Kent when you have to go. Tell him not to worry about it!! I actually have a book selection for you to read that I think you would like....I will email you or facebook message you when I get round to it!!

Shannon b said...

Oh the maternity clothes that don't even fit when you're pregnant . . . hated that. I suggest going out and buying just one new shirt in those last few weeks. It's the perfect pick-me-up.
okay, your comments are way too nice -- always knowing what to say or do is something I feel I'm trying to figure out (not a strength!).
Great post Becca, thanks for sharing!

Teresa said...

If I lived closer I would take you shopping for a new "going to the Hospital to have a baby" outfit =) I know how you feel.
Great post.

heidi said...

cute, love this tag, i need to get on mine!

The Tibbitts said...

I love your posts; they always make me smile and remember good times. I can't wait to hear the news that little Nicholas is finaly here! Good luck!

Lisa and McCord said...

Oh sure. Tag me? You are so cute. Thanks for thinkin of me Becca dear.

Lisa Brown said...

Very fun post. And I am totally with you on yappy dogs - I don't understand how anyone could love them. At the end of my pregancy when I ran low on maternity clothes (mostly because I avoided buying them in the first place - I tried to wear noramal clothes as long as possible), a friend loaned me a few of her shirts, which made all the difference.

And are you on Goodreads.com? If you go and join, add me as a friend and I can share with you some very good books I have read recently. It might fill the hobby part for a while, especially while the baby is young and you need to rest more. I always loved getting situated nursing my new baby (having a boppy to help hold them up), with a waterbottle on one side of me and a book on the other.