Wednesday, August 5, 2009

proud

Today I'm proud of my little brother.
I haven't seen him since May.
I just got off the phone with him, and I probably won't be able to talk to him again for at least a year and a half (Christmas 2010 maybe?) if not longer.

He's going to Lansing Michigan, to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
He'll be there for two years, living a life of obedience to strict codes and standards, intense work schedules, and dedicated service.

All because he knows it is the right thing for him to do.
And I'll miss him, but I wouldn't have him any other place right now.
I just hope he doesn't fall so in love with Michigan that he doesn't want to come back.

Oh, and I hope he doesn't forget to write to us. I know I'll be sending him pictures of Nicholas at least once a month.

7 comments:

heidi said...

what an exciting time for him, i'm sure he'll be great

Libby said...

Very exciting. Michigan looks pretty.

Creole Wisdom said...

Your family must be so proud. Congrats to your brother. Michigan is so pretty! I hope he can enjoy some of that beautiful countryside, and if he's in the city- a lot of the history that Detroit has to offer. Believe it or not, that actually used to be a FABULOUS city. There is architecture there that can be found no where else in the US!

The Tibbitts said...

I would be proud of your brother too. A mission is a great work, and the people of Michigan will be very blessed to have him there.

Teresa said...

Give him our blessings-
I'm sure he will be a great missionary.
Hugs-

Lisa and McCord said...

That's great about your brother! Michigan - COOL! Cold. Burrrr. =) my brother Jared's mission call is days within arrival. So cool. It's great to see your younger siblings grow up, isn't it. =)

Lisa Brown said...

How exciting! And your little brother looks about as "little" as my little brother does with me :). He always told me growing up that someday he would be bigger than me, and when he succeeded, he made fun of me every time I called him my little brother :).