Monday, August 3, 2009

indian-style

I was sitting indian-style on the floor, next to my packed suitcase,
making lists.
Because that is what I do. List-making runs in the family.
But it seems to be just a girl thing, so I think Nicholas will be spared the list obsession.I sat there for quite a while, even after I finished writing my list.
Why?
It could have been because the house was quiet, I could hear birds outside, I'd done everything on my list of chores for the day, or because I was comfortable,
but actually it was because
once I'm on the ground it's really hard to get up again.
So I started taking pictures of my kitchen from my seat on the floor.

And then the living room.That gave me enough motivation to get up, because I wanted to show you how we've arranged our third bedroom (so far--one wall is empty for our little couch to go; we're buying a couch from some friends later this month).And finally, here I was last night, at 36 weeks.
The last month!! Hooray!

8 comments:

Shannon b said...

4 more weeks! hooray! I hope you're able to relax, knowing you're prepared, and just enjoy your last month. Oh, and lots of ice cream helps too. :)

Creole Wisdom said...

I am so dang excited for you! I am thinking of you, and praying that you'll have a great and safe delivery. I'm sure you will! Lists are wonderful. I do them, too, and my gosh do they help! Your home looks just wonderful Becca :)

heidi said...

oh cute belly! hope you are feeling well. sometimes it's nice to just be able to sit, especially when i'm pregnant!!

The Tibbitts said...

Oh you look so good for 36 weeks! I love the pictures of your house--it looks perfect!

Libby said...

I am a list maker too. It must be a female thing. You so look like you are a carrying a boy. Cute pictures. The house looks good. Looks like you still have some things you would like to hang up. Get plenty of rest and enjoy the quiteness while it lasts.

Teresa said...

So, you look totally cute-
Love all the shots of your home- Can't wait to see it in person. =)
But more than that can't wait to see the little guy in that cute little tummy of yours =)
Now that will be a Happy day.

Lisa Brown said...

How exciting that you are so close to the end!! And I am totally a list personas well - they are what help me hold onto sanity

Savanah said...

You are super adorable!! I'm so excited for you! Nothing more precious than holding your first little one in your arms for the first time! Enjoy every moment of it!!