Thursday, August 13, 2009

263

For two-hundred and sixty-three days now,
I have been pregnant.
And for two-hundred and sixty-three days
I have craved pain au chocolat (chocolate croissant).
We had them in France. So I didn't think there was any hope of getting one here.
Suppressing a pregnancy craving for two-hundred and sixty-three days isn't the easiest thing in the world. But I've managed.
Until this morning.

And Kent sent me this picture from work:They have them at one of the USAA cafes.
He said he went back to get one for me, but they were all gone.

I think I'm going to work with Kent tomorrow morning.

4 comments:

The Tibbitts said...

Maybe he was kidding and wants to surprise you by bringing one home when you don't expect it. I hope you get one even if you have to wait till tomorrow.

The Tibbitts said...

Bytheway, I hope this doesn't make you jealous but I wanted you to know that Jason Meyer's wife had their baby this morning-a little girl named Annie.

Lisa Brown said...

I used to eat those in Israel all the time - so yummy! One of my friends taught me an easy way to make a fake one. You buy a pack Pillbury cresent rolls and some Nutella. Before rolling ou the rolls, put a blob of nutella inside, and then try to seal the edges. Cook according to the package directions. They aren't the same, but they are still pretty delicious :). Hope it helps tide you over.

heidi said...

ah sad! hope you got one!