Tuesday, August 11, 2009

not so small

Yesterday we went shopping.
I was going to buy a new maternity shirt for me at Kohls,
but I got sidetracked by the baby stuff and decided that it was a much better idea to buy Nicholas two new outfits than to buy myself a shirt I will only be able to wear for a few more weeks.
He needs something to wear for the holiday vacations we're taking, after all.
And they were just too adorable to pass up.So now Nicholas has a new Thanksgiving outfit (on the right) and a Christmas outfit (the left). And I know I haven't seen him yet, but I have a feeling he's going to be just adorable in these.

After Kohls we went to Pier One and experienced an unsuccessful search for curtains.
(I did find this chair that I fell in love with, though. Oh my-this chair just makes me so happy inside. I'm trying to figure out if I have a somewhat reasonable place to put it.)
Anyway, we were out the door and in the process of deciding I'm just going to have to make curtains for our house,
when some lady pulled up in her car and rolled down the window
so that she could yell at me
"When were you due?"
What? Who is this lady?
"Um, I'm due on the 30th." Yeah, still three weeks away.
She couldn't hear me (I have a chronically soft voice), so Kent says again,
"She's not due until the 30th of this month."
And then, as she pulls away again, she looks at me one last time and says,
"Well don't be afraid to try walking."

Just two months ago I was getting hit on by guys at fast food places, and my doctor was telling me how small and cute my belly was.
Actually, I really love my pregnant belly right now. It's so fun, and different, and amazing. And I love how (most) people smile when they see me.

But it is true that I'm not so small anymore.

At least it's obvious that I'm pregnant, right?This isn't a side profile, so you can't really see my watermelon belly, but it's the most recent picture I've got. We had a picnic on the floor last night.
I've got to keep feeding this baby, after all.

8 comments:

heidi said...

oh my goodness! some people are so ridiculous! just put in one ear & out the other. you are not big!!

Shannon b said...

What a weird lady! and you are not that huge! I remember getting comments/questions like that all the time in the grocery store. But, then again, I made big babies. I'm sure Nicholas will be perfectly cute & little & sweet. :)

The Tibbitts said...

Oh, don't let that lady get you down. I think you look very cute and the perfect size too!

Angie said...

I think you look mighty small... considering that fact that I am only half way and you are almost done... and from the looks of it we are the same size! I've had some awfully bizarre comments over my pregnancies... but it really stinks when you are only 6 months and people ask you when you WERE due!! Or worse yet when you see your aerobics instructor at Walmart... and she says I bet you're about ready to have that baby... and... you left that 2 week old baby home with your husband while you went to the store!! Those are the worst!!! Good luck in the next couple of weeks... I'm sure he will look absolutely adorable in those cute outfits!

Lisa Brown said...

I think you look totally cute pregnant, and definitely so big someone would think you were overdue. And those outfits are great :).

Libby said...

Some people are just weird. You don't look big. Nicholas will be here before you know it. Cute outfits.

Jocelyn said...

I'm sure you'll hear just about everything in the next few weeks. Hope you have fun!

Teresa said...

Holy cow- some people. :/
You look perfect.
Missing you guys- love the picnic idea- fun