Tuesday, September 15, 2009

blessed

On Sunday we blessed our baby.
Nicholas Kent Andersen.
The blessing was beautiful. It made me cry, which Kent says is now my job as the mom. I get to cry at all the important events. Oh goody.

With a son this loveable, though, how could I not cry a little?

To me it's always seemed like this is the day that you become a real family,
the day you bless your first baby.

So, here we are,
The Andersen Family. But I don't feel any different yet. I still kind of feel like we're just "playing house" with this little baby. A glorified, sleep-deprived kind of "house."

Luckily, we've had some help the past week. Kent's mom, Teresa, was here last week, and then his dad and my parents flew in this weekend. Now my mom gets to stay until Saturday.
It was perfect timing. Up until last week I was really feeling good-staying pretty much on top of things, etc., but then all of the sudden I guess it just caught up to me, and I was exhausted. The grandmas came at just the right time, and I'm feeling much better already.

6 comments:

Lis said...

awww. We missed the blessing! We w ere all sick, so probably better we werent there! But congrats!!!! How exciting!

heidi said...

oh so sweet! I'm glad it was special and that both the grandparents made it & could help out. I know Teresa was a big help for me too. And of course having my mom there is comforting.

Libby said...

Cute pictures. Get used to being sleep deprived. It seems to take many years for that to go away.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little family! Congrats!

Lisa Brown said...

I totally understand what you mean about feeling like you are playing house, as I felt that with my first too. By about 3 months it had all soaked in and finally felt real and doable :). I love his blessing outfit!

Lisa and McCord said...

aw. look at your dad! he looks so dang happy! did you hear angie's good news?