Monday, August 24, 2009

the life

Kent and I have a saying.
"Ah, this is the life!"
We got it from a funny little moment from a funny little boy we know.

Having a new baby is kind of chaotic, but when I get a chance, I sit back and look at this beautiful baby boy and I can't help but think, "Ah, this is the life!"

He is a great baby. We're exhausted, and sometimes overwhelmed,
but he's very patient with his new parents.
And on Friday night he slept for six hours in a row!
We keep praying he'll do that again.
If he doesn't, though, at least he's still cute at 2 in the morning.

Sunbathing. Can life get any better? I just want to eat him up-all those rolls and dimples and brand-new baby skin. Umm!
Of course, right after I took this picture, Nicholas decided to shoot poop across the carpet.
Anyone know of any good stain removers? We took him on his first outing on Saturday. We walked around some gardening places nearby. It was beautiful, not too hot, and so peaceful. He loved being in the carrier, and he slept the entire time.So yes, although the hormones are wreaking havoc on my emotions, we aren't getting much sleep, and I can't figure out how to make the laundry do itself,
the truth of it is,
life is beautiful, and we are very happy.

8 comments:

Teresa said...

I'll do the laundry when I get there :)
Love his adorable little bod =)
You look great!

The Tibbitts said...

I am glad he is such a good baby and that life is so good right now. Just wait, it only gets better!

Shannon b said...

love all the pictures, and you look great!
Typically, my end-of-pregnancy advice to new moms is to plan on still looking pregnant when you leave the hospital (and for the week(s) following) . . . but you obviously didn't need that one!
Oh, the squirting poop - good times. It think you and Kent have the right attitude - love your quote. :)

Creole Wisdom said...

I'm sorry your hormones are going haywire. I'm too scared to go off the pill for that very reason. I don't want to have an emotional breakdown at work or anything... although I doubt that would happen!

Nicholas is just adorable. I love his dark hair and the sleepy smile :) God bless!

heidi said...

i could just eat him up. i'm sure, even though it's hard, that you are doing great. even if laundry pills up a little.

heidi said...

i guess pill isn't the correct way to spell pile.

Lisa Brown said...

He is gorgeous! ANd the poop story brought back so many memories of being pooped on, peed on and puked on :). Ahh, newborns . . .

Libby said...

He looks so content and cute. I feel for you. Just when you get a routine established, the baby decides to change their routine. Ashlee was a tough one for us, she didn't sleep day or night. Making it nearly impossible to get anything done. She had cholic too. The hormone thing will pass, probably not as soon as you would like though.