Wednesday, August 19, 2009

home

We got home yesterday afternoon. It was the most wonderful and most overwhelming homecoming ever.

Nicholas was a perfect traveler-he slept the whole way home.


Kent has been the best daddy ever! Also the best husband ever. We've had a few struggles with breastfeeding, and Kent has been so good to both of us when we're in tears after an hour of trying. We went to the lactation center at the hospital today, and things are looking up now.

It's much warmer in our house than it was in the hospital, and Nicholas loves to be undressed! He got his little hands snuggled under his chin, which we thought was just too cute!
(Of course, we think everything our son does is absolutely adorable.)
We spent most of the day and night telling each other to "quick look!" at every little thing he does.I'm in awe at how much I love this little baby.
I never thought I could be this happy about only getting 4 hours of sleep a night.
Being a parent is tough (and we've only just started!) but oh so worth it.

10 comments:

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

All your pictures are quite adorable! And I have to say I hope I look as good as you right after having a baby! You look great. Good luck with the 4 hours of sleep. You're already a great mother!

Nancy said...

I must admit, coming home was overwhelming for us too! Hang in there with the nursing, it WILL get better! I am so happy for you guys! congrats again!! xxxx

Teresa said...

Nursing can be trying sometimes- hope you get the help you need. Wish I could just run over there.
He is one adorable baby. and I'm not just saying that because Iam the grammer =)

heidi said...

i'm sorry nursing had a rough start, hope it's better. MAN! I wish I could take some baby pictures of him right NOW!

Creole Wisdom said...

He's just a gem! Love those cheeks.

Glad you are home and well.

I'm sorry bfeeding is hard. It seems hard, but I'm sure ya'll will get the hang of it, afer all, it's new to both of you!

Lisa Brown said...

I love the yawning picture! So cute! And sorry things started out rough. I think the first six weeks of nursing (and everything else) are pretty tough, but so worth it when it all comes together. I remember that one day it all just felt natural, although for me, like I said, it took a little while. There were days I was overwhelmed, days I was in awe, days I was so happy, and days I just tried to stay awake. Just remember that Heavenly Father gives you inspiration for you and your child, and so don't forget to ask for HIs help. i am so excited for you Becca!

Here is a link to a talk by Elder Holland, called "Because She is a Mother" that always gives me an extra boost when I need it:
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=9c47dbdcc370c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

The Tibbitts said...

Happy Homecoming!!! Nursing is tough that first little while; it hurts, it's awkward, and it doesn't seem natural. Trust me (and everyone else), it does get better. Every day I wanted to quit, but once that six week mark hit, everything changed and all the sudden it didn't hurt, it wasn't so awkward, and it felt natural. You'll get the hang of it. Also, I love the pics. Your little boy is adorable.

Shannon b said...

Welcome home!
I agree with Lisa on the first 6 weeks -- trying, wonderful, and all a blur. But everything will come together in time, don't worry.
I also had troubles nursing Conner those first few days and a lactation consult did help. It's just hard when BOTH of you are new at this! :)

Lisa and McCord said...

Oh, he's so so cute. I love the yawning picture, that one is my favorite.