Friday, July 4, 2008

Weekend Adventure # 5

It was a very nice, relaxing weekend last week. On Friday night we went over to our friends house and played games with them and another couple. It was a blast! I saw a side of Kent I've never seen before when we played a game called "Moods" and he was required to say "Blondes do have more fun" in a bashful voice. I laughed until I cried. And, we got to try out their new Wii and decided that we are going to buy one. Once we find one for sale. It's sold out basically everywhere!

On Saturday morning we met that same couple and went to see Wall-E. It was so cute. Then Kent and I went to the HU HOT Mongolian Grill for lunch. That was awesome! We decided to go because my sister-in-law, Heidi, mentioned loving a similar restaurant. We know why now!

Then we came home and prepared our nursery lesson for Sunday. I love working in the nursery. Those kids are adorable! I had a little guy named William who was so upset about his mom leaving, and I helped him deal with it. By the end of the two hours, I had him laughing and talking and playing with all the other kids. Except for when he would come back to me, calling me "Mommy." So there might have still been some issues there, but we'll work on that next week.

4 comments:

Libby said...

Happy Birthday Kent. Sounds like you two are enjoying yourselves in Texas.

Shannon b said...

*we love the Wii!
*Have you guys ever played Apples to Apples? I think you would like that one too.

Becca and Kent said...

We love playing Apples to apples. In fact, that's one of the games we played at their house last Friday.

Dallin said...

Thanks for coming that night guys, we had a blast too!