Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Safer Movie Viewing

Just wanted to share this awesome website that I have been using for a few years now. I'm a very picky person when it comes to movies. There are really very few that I like. And I'm okay with that. Basically, I just want to watch movies that don't make me wonder "why was that in there?" "Did they really need that scene?," etc.

The website is www.kids-in-mind.com. It has the most detailed reviews of movie content I have ever seen. I love to go on there for all the new releases so that I know beforehand if I want to pay the money to see it in the theater. The website gives every movie a rating based on sexuality/nudity, violence/gore, and language. It includes a very detailed list of every detail in the movie that could be considered offensive. It also lists instances of substance use, discussion topics, and what messages the film conveys. That way, it's up to you to decide if the movie is worth it or not. It's great!

"Since our system is based on objective standards, not the viewer's
age or the artistic merits of a film, we enable concerned
adults to determine whether a movie is appropriate for
them or their children according to their own criteria." (Kids-in-mind.com)

2 comments:

pam said...

I love that site, I too am very picking about movies, and I thought I was the only one for it seems like a lot of LDS people just don't care, well its a good movie, good actions, even kids movies I will not buy just because they are G, I drive my family crazy.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Thanks for the link. I will check it out. OH my good gollie that stuffed french toast looks YUMMY!