Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weekend Adventure # 8

I don't have any pictures from this weekend; it's kind of a pain now because I only brought the connecting cord for my red camera with us when we moved and so I have to use Kent's laptop to download the pictures onto a flash drive and then transfer it to my own computer. And Kent takes his laptop to work with him every day, so when I have time to post, I don't have access to my pictures.

Anyway, we had another great weekend last week. I can't believe there are only five weeks left until we return to Idaho. Crazy! Now that I'm settled in with my job and everything, the weeks are just flying by.

On Friday we went to Red Lobster for dinner. (Thanks again Mom and Dad for that gift card! It was the perfect birthday present!) I had never eaten lobster or crab before, so we had to get some. I ordered snow crab legs and coconut shrimp (which happens to be one of my very favorite foods). The shrimp was delicious, and so was the crab, but, frankly, I had trouble eating the crab. Not because it was so difficult, but because every time I had to touch that exoskeleton, I got the willies. Whoever decided that a crab was something we should eat, anyway? It's so weird, and when the attached legs would touch my hands as I was tyring to crack one of them... Kent got a kick out of watching me eat, to say the least.

On Saturday we went to the new Batman movie, and loved it! It was great. I would definitely recommend it; although I will warn, it was a little bit longer than I had expected.

TO BE CONTINUED....

2 comments:

Shannon b said...

coconut shrimp, mmmm. If you're ever in Monterey (or Maui) go to the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company restaurant and order the coconut shrimp. It is the BEST. And while you're there, you might as well order the Lotsa Lava smoothie.

*glad to hear a good review on the Batman movie

heidi said...

we almost saw the new batman movie last week but poor sam got sick.