Wednesday, July 23, 2008

High Quality Entertainment


Our weekend adventure was completed with a trip to Costco. When we were married, Kent's aunt and uncle gave us a costco gift card with a rather large amount of money on it. We were intending to buy our mattress set from Costco. We found a better deal somewhere else, though, and bought a vacuum with some of the costco money, and then our costco cash card sat dormant in my purse for the following five months. There isn't a Costco anywhere near Rexburg, and we didn't have memberships anyway.

Kent's dad took care of the membership issue while we were in California, and then we moved to an apartment that is only five miles away from a Costco store. And we had a cash card sitting in the depths of my purse! SO, whenever we were getting a little bored, yet didn't want to spend any of our "real" money, we went to Costco. And oh, the times we had there...

Costco's inventory is mainly directed towards someone who is trying to buy a lot of something. I always wished that we had lots of kids already when we'd go there. I could just imagine the rows and rows of canned green beans, cream of chicken soup, boxes of crackers, and other items all organized and labeled in the food storage room of my dreams. Sadly, however, Kent and I are only in San Antonio for three months, and we don't have lots of kids, so our purchases were limited to what we knew we could eat in the next three months. I.E. frozen potstickers, chicken breasts, hamburger, tortilla chips, and bananas. Lots of banans. We even seriously considered buying a Wii from Costco. But it was so fun to go there, and not feel any guilt at all about buying a little something extra as a treat for us. Because, well, those potstickers and bulk candy bars were a wedding gift, after all.

On Saturday, we used up the final $14.83 on our card. Now, we actually have to pay for our food. And Costco is again just another store. Sigh.
P.S. Thanks again, Brian and Amy!!

6 comments:

pam said...

What a cool gift and very needed one.

Anonymous said...

We are so happy you had so much fun with the card! We love you guys!

marilyn said...

I love going to Costco. It is so fun to walk around and see what's new. And try out all the samples too!

Jocelyn said...

I'm such a costco fan! I really go out of my way just to get the dried mangos there! an have you tried their chicken salad sandwich rolls? so yummy! I also get bagels when i go there too! I love bagels!

Teresa said...

What would we do with out Costco?
Sounds like a fun date- Fun

heidi said...

ha ha, i do love costco & sam more than me