Friday, July 25, 2008

Sunday Barbecue


Sunday night we had some friends over for a barbecue. We had finally set up the little portable gas grill I got Kent for his birthday, and we wanted to try it out! We invited two guys that also went to school at BYU-Idaho and now work at USAA and their wives. The most exciting part of the night was when Kent turned on his shocker ball and we watched the guys throw it around and squeal when they got shocked. It's a pretty entertaining toy. Although I don't really like to play with it. It's kind of scary.

For dinner we supplied the kabobs. Mmmm. We marinated the chicken and other ingredients (pineapple, zucchini, onions, red and green peppers) in a mixture of original flavor barbecue sauce and orange juice concentrate. (3 Tbs. concentrate to 1/2 c. bbq sauce).

For dessert I made my mom's awesome cheesecake. It's not really like most cheesecake; it's fluffier and smoother than normal. I like it better than any other cheesecake I've ever had. And after our guests tried it, they were saying how much they hope that Kent gets the job offer to come back next year. :D

Mom's Delish Cheesecake

8 oz. cream cheese

1/2 cup sugar

2 tsp. vanilla

1 cup sour cream

8 oz. cool whip

Beat the cream cheese until it is soft and smooth. Slowly add the sugar while beating with hand mixer. Blend in the vanilla and sour cream. Fold in the cool whip, then pour mixture into a pre-made graham cracker crust. Refrigerate for four hours or more before serving.

4 comments:

Creole Wisdom said...

ooo i love dinner parties : )

Teresa said...

Glad you had a nice time- Denver and I knew that the guys would love the shock ball when we bought it-
The food sounds yummy!

Lisa Brown said...

Happy birthday to Kent! And that cheesecake sounds yummy!!

The Tibbitts said...

Becca,

It is so fun to read up on how you are doing and see that you and Kent are enjoying Texas. I am glad that you are doing so well, and I am so sorry that I haven't been a better blogger, you'll have to check out my blog to see all the details. It has been crazy for the Tibbitts in Rexburg, that's all I have to say. Have a wonderful, summer day!