Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Weekend Adventure # 7

This weekend we were decidedly against spending money. Last week's extravaganza is still just a little bit painful to remember. So we took advice from Teresa and toured model homes!

It was really fun, once we finally got past the agents wanting to know every little detail about us and our bank accounts. Sheesh. We just wanted to walk through the houses; we won't have enough money to buy a house for probably another 15 years, give or take a few. :) I finally got so fed up with those people that instead of walking back through the office on our way out, we climbed over the fence. Yep, and this is the girl who used to feel guilty about even opening my eyes at night when my dad told me to keep them closed and go to sleep. Kent brings out my wild side. :D

Anyway, once we got through all of the "huge incentives!" discussions, we got to walk through the houses and pretend that they were ours. Fun! We discovered a few things about houses that we MUST have, and a few that we must NOT have.

San Antonio is actually a pretty good place to buy a house if you are looking for one. The 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom, 2 car garage, etc, houses we were looking at were in the $150,000 to $190,000 range. Maybe if we come back here for a few years after we graduate we'll get our first little starter home. It's possible. And it's weird to think that I'm actually grown-up enough to be buying a home soon. I wonder if I'll ever get used to being the age I actually am. :D

6 comments:

marilyn said...

What a fun date! And you find out what you like without the pressure and stress of buying. The housing market is so scary today. I hope you do get in a house someday soon. It took us quite a while to get into a house. I had 7 children by then. It won't take you that long I'm sure. It has been fun to read your posts. Sounds like you truly love each other. Love, Aunt Marilyn

Teresa said...

Fun, glad you were able to do that- funny thing everytime I go through a model home- I've usually gone with Sandi and they think we are agents spying for another company or company officials there to see what kind of job they are doing. It's usually pretty fun, because they bend over backwards to be nice to us. I don't know why...Do we look like CEO's?

Creole Wisdom said...

That's exciting! I did one of the tour of homes here in Bountiful, and it was over 1 mill : ( But know TX has great prices, you can get SUCH a huge house there for not a lot of money.

Anonymous said...

well I can tell you if you visit our model home you won't go through anything like that - and you won't have to duck-away either - wink!

Lisa Brown said...

Oh, I love looking through models and just new homes in general :). And good for you escaping from the ofice people!

heidi said...

looking through homes is fun. i haven't wanted to do that for a while, it makes me really want a home to buy and that won't be for a while for us, I think