Sunday, July 6, 2008

"The best birthday ever!" (Weekend Adventure # 6)

Kent's birthday and the 4th of July! On the same day! He's so lucky.

Here's the loot. We bought fireworks earlier in the week and I told him that they were going to be a present, too, so I set them up for him with all his presents. We planned on shooting them off later that night, but didn't get a chance to, so we'll have to just hold onto them for later. Twinkies (a forbidden non-healthy treat) make one very happy man. And those are the makings for rootbeer floats you can see in the corner there, too.
Oh, and I forgot to take pictures of the incredible cupcakes I made for him. They were awesome. Missisipi Mud Cupcakes with oreos and chocolate chips and a drizzle of chocolate on the top. Mmmm. He told me that I am the best wife ever after eating one of those cupcakes.
We went to dinner at the Chart House restaurant, which is up there, at the top of the Tower of the Americas! It's 750 feet in the air! The best part was, we got to see all the fireworks shows from across the city up there.

And the food: divine. Luscious. Perfect. My eyes were watering as I took the first bite of my Macadamia Crusted Mahi with Peanut sauce and Teriyaki glaze. I almost cried it was so good.
Kent's Beef Tenderloins and garlic mashed potatoes were equally as good. Being married is fun because you get to have two separate entrees at restaurants. If your husband is good like mine and shares with you.
Hello, happy birthday boy!Chocolate Molten Lava Cake. Need I say more?

The meal was incredible. And expensive. But, as my sister, Sarah, said, "Your meal cost seven times less than the restaurant was tall. At least you didn't have to pay a dollar for every foot." Yeah, it could have been worse. You can always count on Sarah to see the positive in everything.

It was an awesome experience, and a very happy birthday for my honey.

9 comments:

Libby said...

Wow. What a great birthday. Happy Birthday Kent. Looks like you got another camera. Sorry the other one got stolen. It's sad to know the kind of world we live in today.

Megan said...

Sounds like an awesome birthday and Kent has an awesome wife!! I'm glad your 4th of July was that great!

Teresa said...

Yes, totally sounds perfect- food and all- Happy Day-

Jocelyn said...

chocolate molton lava cake, looks sooooooooooo yummy! what fun! and happy belated birthday to kent!

pam said...

Sounds like Kent was very spoiled, sounds like a fun day.

Creole Wisdom said...

Does this mean you got your camera back?!!??!

And happy b-day to him! Food looks good!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

What a fun birthday weekend!

Lisa Brown said...

Your post made me hungry :). And you need to tell us how you made those cupcakes - yum! Happy late birthday to your hubby.

heidi said...

wow, how incredible, i'll bet it was a great day