Friday, June 13, 2008

Banana Creme Pie

Yesterday Kent and I took a spur of the moment trip to Costco to buy a banana creme pie. No particular reason. Just that banana creme pie is one of the best inventions ever. Heavenly, even. There were not, however, any banana creme pies at Costco. So we bought a monstrous bag of tortilla chips and left.

We found out there is a pie sale at Marie Callendar's this week. All pies are $5.99. So, after consulting our dear friend Magellan, we head over to Marie Callendar's and buy a pie from Marie. Banana creme. Marie makes good pies.

We ate our pie (Or some of it), and I took pictures so I could post them, because it was indeed, a very heavenly pie. Yet I used the camera that we did not bring a computer cord for. And I took the pictures on the internal memory of that camera (can't switch them to the computer-compatible camera). So, here's a picture of the lots of bananas I also bought at Costco and you can imagine they are in a pie.

We settled down with our pie in front of our computer screen and turned on another episode of Lost, season one. (We watched season 4 and now we're going backwards. It's not as frustrating that way.) Halfway through, my phone rings. Someone from the ward wants me to babysit tonight. I happen to look at the clock. It's 7:30.

Rats! We were supposed to meet the bishop at 7:00!! I mouth the word "bishop" to Kent, and then I try to have an intelligent conversation with the babysitter-wanter on the phone while we rush around changing into our Sunday clothes. "Um, yeah, tomorrow at seven...should work...I...think I'll be able to do that...yeah...that will be good...um, what's your...address?"

Oh, and Kent had an interview with the bishop last week for his temple recommend. Which he completely forgot to go to.

Kent and I are going to be Nursery workers. Once we are forgiven.

6 comments:

heidi said...

how fun, yout two will be so great at that

wish i had some bananna creme pie!!!

Creole Wisdom said...

hahah- I can imagine the pie : )

And I hate almost missing stuff : (

Way to be for that fun calling!

Anonymous said...

done that before - being late for a appointment - smile and you will do a super job in you calling just keep it fun.. and arm open! wink

pam said...

Good luck in your calling you guys will be great I can just see Kent playing around with all the kids or scarying all the kids (hehee) Or maybe the Bishop is punishing you after all with your new calling (hahaa)

Teresa said...

It's always fun to share callings- how fun.

Lisa Brown said...

Oh, I LOVE Marie Calendar's pies - yum! And you guys will be awesome nursery leaders. Email me if you want some great ideas or places to find ideas :).