Sunday, June 1, 2008

Keepin' it real

This is one of the coolest tags I've seen. Shannon tagged me and I jumped up to take pictures right away.

You have to take pictures of the following ten things. But you can't do any prepping, primping, or picking up. The point is to see how things are in real life.

1. My fridge:
Lots of fresh fruit, a huge case of yogurt from Costco, and three bottles of Batter Blaster to make pancakes whenever we want. Oh, and the water jug is essential. It has been 95-107 degrees since we got here.
2. The kitchen sink: I was actually surprised to see that it was empty. Kent did the dishes without me even knowing about it. What a sweetie.
3. What my kids are doing right now:
I don't have kids, but sometimes Kent counts as one. He's sitting in the bedroom at the computer (right before I kicked him off to do this post), eating a bowl of cereal, and singing a song he's making up about Zimbabwe.

4. My closet: Kind of chaotic. But then again, we did just move in. Of course, that's no guarantee that it is going to get any cleaner.
5. Our toilet: Here it is. It looks like I need to take the trash out. But do I really want to go out into the heat?? I'll have to think about it.
6. My favorite room: I like the dining area because of my fresh flowers and the cute tablecloth and basket.

7: My laundry pile: The laundry pile really isn't that bad, considering that this empty area is where our rented washer and dryer are not yet. We get them tomorrow.
8. My favorite shoes: I love these flip-flops that Teresa got me for my birthday. It's SO hot here, and I'm not about to wear shoes if I can avoid it. These flip-flops are so comfy and cute. 9. A self-portrait: My hair is post-nap wild, but I love the earrings I'm wearing for the first time. 10. My dream vacation: I am dying to go back to my uncle's condos in Hawaii. To see why I love them, go here.

Tag: Kayla, Megan, and Julie

7 comments:

Shannon b said...

*I'm still laughing about the Zimbabwe song (and the fact that you categorized Kent as one of your kids). :) Tell Kent that I did my government/economics senior paper on Zimbabwe! And I think that once he fully composes the song, you need to record it and post it here.
*your dining table is, indeed, very cute.
*holy cow, it is hot there! I think we're in the 60s today.
*thanks for playing! Wasn't this fun?

Elder Caleb Habel said...

SO fun! Thanks for lettting us into your real life.

heidi said...

cute, fun to see your new place

Anonymous said...

real life tag post - wanted to see what your posted too - love seeing your smile and knowing your shoes are worn in and I did get a kick seeing Kent eating his cereal and one day your laundry will be more then what I see now - glad all is real and well - love ya both...

Lisa Brown said...

I love that you posted your husband as your child :), becuase even though I have kids, I would consider my husband one of them at times.

Creole Wisdom said...

I'm sorry it's Africa hot there, too. I feel ya. Just stay inside/by the pool when your hubby is working. I can see why you want to go to Hawaii, that place looks fabulous : ) And I hope you get your washer/dryer soon!

pam said...

Thats funny I think of my husband has one of my big kids most of the time. Get lots of fans and stay cool.