Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Weekend Adventure # 4

On Friday Kent got done with work early, and I had the day off, so we went to the matinee showing of Get Smart. It was a pretty good movie. Kent laughed really, really hard. I thought it was funny too, but I wondered why they put in some of that crude humor. There was plenty of clever humor to carry the movie through. It's so sad that people feel such a need to add some of that stuff. Another reason I'm looking forward to the millennium!


After the movie Kent got his "twice-yearly IHOP craving." So we ate at IHOP, and he's good until December.

Saturday we went to a charming little restaurant at the Guenther House Mill.

It is an adorable place! They have restored the interior of the mansion at a turn-of-the-century flour mill and it's now a breakfast and lunch restaurant, hosts special events, and sells specialty baking mixes and kitchen items. I love it! The house is beautiful (I would love to have a wedding reception there), and the food was delicious AND reasonably priced. Kent got a taco salad for $7 and I got an incredible Quiche Lorraine and fruit plate for $6. After we ate, we looked through the gift shop and bought a Sweet Cream Ice Cream mix. We made homemade ice cream on Sunday with the mix, and I put fresh raspberries into mine. Mmmm! I love summertime treats!

7 comments:

Libby said...

Looks like a fancy place, but yet the food was cheap. Keep enjoying your time in Texas.

Teresa said...

Oh, I would love to go there- looks fabulous!

Creole Wisdom said...

That place is great! And it would be a pretty reception hall. And great food prices, usually nice venues are more expensive- it's nice when it's not!!

Jocelyn said...

What a fun Adventure. I'm with you on the wedding reception thing, what a beautiful place to visit!

Anonymous said...

What fun you are having - what an Adventure too! Your food on your dish looks yummy - have dessert first next time!

Shannon b said...

love hearing about your adventures! You guys are getting creative too. :)
And good luck with the new job!

Lisa Brown said...

What a beautiful place :).