Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Adventure # 3

On Friday the two of us spent the evening babysitting. A couple that also just moved into the ward wanted to go to the temple, Kent and I watched their two little girls for a few hours. It was really fun, actually. I loved watching Kent with those girls. He's SO adorable. How did I get so lucky? We had fun, and we made money on a Friday instead of spending it. That's good.

On Thursday we planned out our Saturday activity. Kent called one of his friends from high school who is in Texas right now, and asked her if she could come with us, and I asked one of my friends from the ward to come with us. We were going to go tubing down the Comal River in New Braunfels. It's actually a good thing neither of them could come, because after Kent and I drove 40 miles out to New Braunfels, this is what we saw:


Okay, okay. These are pictures from China I found online. But it's basically what the river looked like on a Saturday afternoon. And as bummed as we were about driving all that way for nothing, we really didn't want to have to sit on people in order to get in the river. So we're going to try to go on another Saturday but leave our apartment early in the morning and hopefully we'll get there before everyone else does.

The gas in New Braunfels was 3 cents cheaper. So the trip wasn't an entire loss, right? :D

We went to PF Chang's when we got back; I'd never been there, and I loved it. The lettuce wraps were awesome!

7 comments:

Shannon b said...

oh my goodness those pictures are scary!
I would've left too -- I don't do well when you mix crowds & water.

Creole Wisdom said...

Um! No to summer crowds! I am sorry it was like that. In MN we have a lake for every person practically so you can have all the space that you want!!!

Teresa said...

sorry it was so crowded! yikes- that would be a lifeguards nightmare! At least you got to go to a fabulous place to eat- :}

Libby said...

I agree with Shannon, I don't do well with large amounts of people in water. Hopefully you can find a time when its not crowded.

heidi said...

bummer, hopefully it will work out next time

Anonymous said...

I hate crowds and I would do the same - leave - in no way would you find me trying to enjoy the water with crowds of people... no fun! but it's fun to see you both out doing fun things..

Anonymous said...

It has been fun to get to know you better through your blog. Keep sharing. Sounds like you are making a very happy life together. Love, Aunt Marilyn