Wednesday, June 18, 2008

New Job

Well, I've landed myself a position as a receptionist at a chiropractic clinic that is run by two LDS doctors. It will be great to have the extra money, not to mention having something for me to do other than just sit at home all day long. I had hoped to find a position at a place where they'd offer to pay me more than this clinic--but I didn't have much bargaining power since I have no other job offers right now. Oh well. It should be worth it. We'll see how it goes! And I really hope they give me Kent's birthday off. They told me today that this coming Friday is the only day off I'll get until I leave in August, but really, what clinic would really be open on July 4th? An emergency room I can see being open that day, but a chiropractic clinic?? That's definitely something I'm going to have to ask about when I start tomorrow. It would be a sad day if Kent had to sit home all alone on the fourth of July, his 23rd birthday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy your new job! Happy for you too!

Libby said...

Congratulations. Does this happen to be the clinic where Dr. Faulk works?

Becca and Kent said...

No, it's a Dr. Turley and his son that run the clinic.

Teresa said...

Happy Day- glad you were able to find a job for the short time there- and it would be crazy to have the office open on the 4th-

Creole Wisdom said...

That's neat! I'm glad for you. Nothing beats getting a fun job with extra money : ) Although I could sit home on my butt all the time and feel great hahah. But that is just my leisure gene come out!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Congrats on the new job! Looks like you are having a great time. The pack pool pictures were so funny to me!