Saturday, February 2, 2008

This is where we live

This is Rexburg, Idaho...a place some fondly refer to as "Iceburg." And we still don't get a single day off of school. Ever. The local school districts have been closed for the past week because it's too cold for the buses to start, but since us college students are still breathing, we can walk to school, so BYU-Idaho never closes. Ever.

The snow is very pretty, but there's so much of it. And it's very, very cold. I had to buy myself flowers the other day because I needed some sunshine. I love to see the cheerful daisies on the table!

Snow even up to the first floor windows!




I took this from inside the car. Yes, there is a road ahead of us. The tricky part is making sure you stay on it.



Our beautiful temple!



We keep watching for the day that this bike is completely buried.



They don't know how to plow the parking lots here.
We found this cool ice sculpture of the Rexburg Temple outside of a local restaurant.

I just thought I would also post a few pictures of our little home. We're very happy with our first place, and it's been fun to try and decorate it, although I can't wait until I have more time and resources for that kind of stuff. :D


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Burrrrrr! I am cold just thinking about you! Your apartment looks so cute - I bet you are loving your little place together! You will always remember your first apartment - what fun memories you are making!

Teresa said...

do we need to send a rescue team? :}
If you were wearing white in the picture above we won't be able to find you! I think I would die if I lived there- brave girl driving on those roads
cute apartment- thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

your place looks nice - but I don't think I would want a clock in my bathroom - I am there to relax -HEHEH and you have a lot of snow too!

Libby said...

That's alot of snow. I think I would be tired of it too. Cute apartment. Stay warm.

Lisa Brown said...

I love your daisies! Something I always wished I could have was fresh flowers every day, but instead I have to settle for special occassions. I love your cute and cozy apartment - a wonderful retreat from the cold, I'll bet :).