Wednesday, February 20, 2008

In health and in sickness

Sorry I've been gone a while. On Saturday I started getting some cold-like symptoms, but nothing too bad, and Kent and I drove down to Logan to stay the long weekend with my family. On Sunday after church I was a little tired and I laid down for a nap...and couldn't really get up until this morning. I don't think I've ever really gotten influenza before, and I can definitely say I don't ever want to get it again. :D Kent was so good taking care of me when I had it the worst, he was right there by my side and so attentive to whatever he thought would help me feel a little better. So of course, he gets rewarded by catching it too. It finally hit him hard last night, so he's still in the thick of it, but I'm finally starting to feel a little better. I get pretty tired in the afternoons and I don't have as much energy as I usually do, but at least I can function and go to class. I think if I could just stop coughing I would feel a billion times better...this cough is just so bad.

I am soooo grateful for indoor plumbing, hot showers, night-time cold medicine, and especially for a husband who isn't complaining that our apartment is a mess and I haven't made dinner or anything for a few days now. So, I'm now on the mend, and Kent will get through it in a few days, also. I guess this is our first experience with the "in sickness" part of being together forever. Somehow, laying next to each other and both being too sick to even stand up kind of brings you closer together in a strangely funny way.

6 comments:

heidi said...

closer in sickness, that's funny but cute! hope you both feel better in no time

Libby said...

Sorry to hear you and Kent and sick. I hope you feel better soon.

Creole Wisdom said...

I'm sorry that you two are/were sick. That is just not fun. Winter needs to hurry up and be done!

Sending get better thoughts your way...

Teresa said...

Wish I lived closer- I would bring you some hot soup...
Glad you guys are on the mend.

Lisa Brown said...

Oh, I feel your pain and hope you guys feel better soon. My first year of marriage was also my first year teaching 4th grade. I brought home EVERY illness known to man, and like a good little wife, I gave everything to my husband :). It is not fun, but it sure makes you appreciate your health.

Anonymous said...

get well stay safe and warm