Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Me vs. video games

So I just had to post about this conversation we had yesterday because it was so funny...

Kent is sitting at the computer in the kitchen and I'm putting the roast in the crockpot for our dinner. I was saying something that really wasn't very important. :D But I said something and then it was time for Kent to respond and he did so in a voice that made me know that he wasn't actually paying attention. (he was looking up previews of new versions of video games online). So, to just play around a little, I began to talk about how I understand that his games are more important than me, etc, going on and on just to see how long it took him to start listening to me.

Me, trying not to laugh at the situation, with a dramatic little sigh, "I understand, Kent, that I'm second in your life, and I guess I can come to terms with that." (of course I'm kidding, just seeing what he'll do)

Kent, still looking at the computer, says, "No way!" in a very loud voice that made me think that he was going to jump up and kiss me and tell me that what I was saying was completely false. So I stay in the doorway with a surprised and pleased look on my face, waiting for the jump and kiss.

"No way," Kent continues. "This game used to be $50 and now it's only $2!"
I can't keep myself from laughing anymore. "Kent, did you hear what I was saying?
Kent looks up at me. "What?"

I leave and go into the other room. A few minutes later, I come back out and Kent has checked to see when another game comes out and he says, very excited, "I know what you can get me for your birthday!" Well, at least he remembered when my birthday is. :D

1 comment:

Shannon b said...

lol. A long time ago I came to realize that trying to speak to Scott while he is on the computer, immersed in gaming, is just useless. But Scott could probably say the same thing about me while I'm watching Lost!