Friday, February 8, 2008

I love...

Things that are small

When we were shopping with our wedding money and gift cards, Kent noticed how everything I got excited about was a small version of something. I will admit, I have a fettish for small things. Not things that are supposed to be small, like paper clips and buttons, but things that are usually big, but have a smaller version, too. I think it comes from all the cute little toys I had when I was growing up; Polly Pockets, Littlest Pet Shop, etc.

A good example is the teeny tiny cheese grater we bought at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It's so cute! It's about 1 1/2 inches tall. Not very practical, but so cute. I also love to see little toys, like the dollhouses that have mini replicas of kitchen appliances, furniture, etc. When I'm shopping, I love to stop and look at the baby shoes; I think they're adorable!! Especially the shoes that are modeled after adult shoes and are just made tiny.

3 comments:

heidi said...

i love that shoe you have pictured there, it's so cute

Emily said...

I too am a sucker for mini ANYTHING... glen always laughs at me, because in his marketing courses in college they did a whole study on marketing towards women, and one big way to win a woman consumer over was to miniaturize the product. What girl doesn't want a mini lipgloss in her purse, come on!! or mini muffins- They're just too cute to resist!!

Teresa said...

What a Adorable little shoe- I would be so tempted to buy it-I know two little adorable girls that would looks so cute in them.
I will keep my eyes open for too cute to resist "mini" things to send you :}