Monday, February 11, 2008

I Love...

Playing the Piano


I don't often get a chance anymore to just sit down and play the piano whenever I want. (Mostly because I don't have a piano or even a place to put a piano if I had one.) :D But I love playing when I get a chance. Right now I'm actually taking piano lessons once a week for school credit, and it's nice to have a reason to find a practice room during the day while I'm at school and play the piano. It's so therapeutic for me, and I love to be so involved with something beautiful as I play music. When I was still at home and in high school there were some days where I would play the piano for as long as 2 hours, just because I enjoyed it.


Interesting fact: A couple of semesters ago I had four callings in my ward-- Relief Society pianist, Sacrament Meeting pianist, Choir accompanist, and Sunday School Pianist.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Pianist are always in High demand-{not many people learning to play the piano anymore} What a wonderful talent you have; and its great that you are willing to do all that. I know people who can play but refuse to do so for church.

Lisa Brown said...

I have always wished I could play. I am still thinking about taking lessons. And especially out here in Georgia, we are always trying to steal away the person who can play piano, especially for the primary :).

Anonymous said...

I took lessons for several years when I was younger - I wish I had kept up on it! Maybe someday I'll be able to take lessons again, and this time I might actually practice :)