Thursday, January 31, 2008

Finally some time

The past few days have been so very busy for both Kent and I, with meetings every night for church or for school group projects. And I've been running around trying to change my schedule because I finally had to admit to myself that the three upper-level English courses I was taking were just too hard for me to do at the same time. So yes, nearly four weeks into the semester, I'm dropping a class and adding two others to replace it. Today is the very last day you can drop a class. whew. But the two I'm picking up are going to be really easy...piano lessons and a little gospel-discussion online course. I think it will be much better. I just felt so stressed before (couldn't be my tendency towards stressing out acting up again...). I feel so much better now that I dropped the one class. And last night I was finally feeling a little relaxed again, and we both actually had time to sit down and eat dinner, so I decided to try a new recipe.


Chicken Nacho Bake


Chicken Breasts, thawed and sliced three times on top with sharp knife
Spread an even layer of salsa on top of each breast
Spread a layer of sour cream on top of salsa
Cover with crushed tortilla chips.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes on a foil-covered baking sheet.
Remove from oven, cover with shredded cheese and a few more sprinkled tortilla chips, and bake for 10 more minutes or until chicken is done and cheese is melted.

We absolutley loved this recipe! It was probably the easiest thing I've ever made for dinner, had almost no clean-up, and it was delicious! It's definitely a "do again" recipe.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Yum- I will try this one-
When we had lunch with Kent a couple weeks ago- he was going on and on about what a great cook you are- Way to be- I think you are spoiling that boy :}

heidi said...

i think you just figured out what i'm going to make for dinner tonight. thanksj, looks yummy!

Lisa Brown said...

That meal looks delicious!! and I am glad you found a way to reduce stress - I need to do that too.

Emily said...

Hey Becca! I haven't had time to leave a comment in awhile but I am always checking in to hear all about you guys!! there is nothing quite like those first few months of marriage! So Fun and new!! thanks for sharing the recipe- I am in a year long rut... it seems we cycle through the same 8 meals- Glen will be so excited... something new and it involves salsa!! love ya!

Anonymous said...

looks yummy