Friday, April 30, 2010

a boy at the beach



This is the story of Nicholas's first time at the ocean.
Everyone else went down to the beach while Nicholas was napping, so Daddy stayed behind to bring him when he woke up.

Hello, ocean. Not so sure about it.
But at least he isn't crying like he did at Medina Lake.
Maybe Mom can help him test the waters."I just don't know if this is a good idea, Mom."He was much happier up past the waves, where there was plenty of sand for him to eat.
It makes me wonder-
if he could get fistfulls of carpet, or tile,
would he eat that too?


We set up the umbrella so he could have a little shade, and he was happy just exploring my beach bag.The next day he sat in the shade and watched the rest of us playing in the water,
and he was perfectly happy.So although he didn't love the ocean, I think he had a pretty good time anyway.

2 comments:

heidi said...

how cute! i don't understand why all babies seem to want to eat sand.

Lisa Brown said...

So much fun :). That reminds me of taking my babies to the beach the first time. They also ate the sand - sometimes even dipping their real food into the sand for added crunch - he he!