Tuesday, April 27, 2010

the spring event

Two weeks ago, Nicholas and I flew to California,

Just the two of us.
We went because Kent's mom, Teresa, was hosting her annual Spring Event,
and it was a big deal, so I didn't want to miss it.

I am very blessed-
To be able to comfortably visit my in-laws all on my own was a wonderful thing.

Kent's family is incredible, and I love them all.


And actually, when I arrived at their beautiful home,
I felt like it was my home, too.

We had a great time playing with the cousins, Carlee and Preston, and I
was so happy to have some time with my sister Heidi.
The day before the event, Heidi and I took our little ones to Gilroy Gardens, and Nicholas got to enjoy his very first time on amusement park rides!
I took him on the carousel, the train, a ferris wheel, and a tiny hot-air balloon ride.

I think he had fun!

Nicholas was a real trooper (as usual), and he didn't even seem phased by all the traveling we did that week. I love how he's got his foot up on the side of the pack-and-play.


The Spring Event was fantastic. Teresa had thought of every little detail,
even down to leaving pillows and towels around the pool so we could dip our toes in the cool water. I think it's safe to say that everyone in attendance felt extra special that day.

I was busy with my baby (although Kent's dad took him for a while so I could have fun), but I didn't get very many pictures of the actual event. For more about it, you can read Shannon's and Heidi's posts here and here.
Shannon made these fun banners, and she gave me one to take home! It's now hanging in my extra bathroom as a cute substitute for curtains, and it's inspiring all sorts of fun decorating ideas.

Maybe after we finish the yard...

The lunch tables were probably my favorite part-
How Teresa is able to come up with something so simple
so beautiful, so simply beautiful,
is beyond me.
As I said before, she's incredible.
I'm so glad I got to go out there. It was a short trip, but so fun and completely worth it!

4 comments:

The Tibbitts said...

You have been a busy traveler! Nicholas is so cute, and I bet it is so fun for your family to get to see him in person. I'm glad you are having a good "spring."

Teresa said...

Becca- thank you for the nice words. It was wonderful to see you and Nicholas. Nicholas really did do well surrounded by women =) he was a "sweety" all day.
Thanks for being willing to spend some time with us without Kent {not that we didn't want him along} but it was nice to know you are fine here on your own.
Happy day.

heidi said...

what a cutie nicholas is, it was so fun to see you! I'm glad you came and that we got to hang out.

Shannon b said...

I'm so glad you feel comfortable with our family. I know what an adjustment/change that can be to be "adopted" into a new family. :)
Yay, I'm happy you enjoyed the banner and it has found a happy place in your home.
Sounds like it might be time to take a breather for a bit . . . you have been quite the traveler lately!