Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Things

I've been tagged by the lovely Katie. Twenty-five random things about me. I'm trying to make sure these things aren't already on my list of 100 things about me, so here goes.

  1. I will graduate with a BS in English on April 10th.
  2. My emphasis is Creative Writing, and I flip flop between loving it and hating it. I love to write, but I'm afraid of becoming a frumpy word person like so many students in my major are.

  3. Kent tells me that I'm like a solar panel--whenever we get even the smallest peek of sunshine I stand outside and soak it in.

  4. I do not like pets (anything larger than a rabbit). Sure, they can be fun and cute, but I just can't stand the thought of ever having one. Kent feels the same way, thankfully.

  5. I'm in search of a hobby. I've been a student for so long, I can't really think of what I'm going to do with myself once April 11th comes around. I'm up for suggestions.

  6. I'm moving to Texas at the beginning of May. (Kent accepted the job at USAA--I mentioned that before, right? Sorry if I've forgotten.)

  7. I've lived in Utah, Idaho, California, and Texas. I can't really say which is my favorite.

  8. I have a favorite commercial--the new one about John and Kate plus 8. (Think California Raisins, Mom.)

  9. I am a level 3/Master certified tutor with the National College Reading and Learning Association.

  10. I'm eating a little bowl of peach slices right now. I love it because I love peaches, and I love little bowls. (and anything else little.)

  11. I know how to play the piano, flute, and piccolo. I can also play the organ, but only sort of.

  12. I always open the blinds during the day.
  13. I am the choir director for the ward choir, and my choir membership varies between one person (Kent-he's so supportive!) and 30.

  14. I just finished cleaning the apartment, and I feel pretty proud of myself. Domesticity makes me happy.

  15. My shower curtain, bath rug, comforter cover, pillowcases, and living room rug are all the exact same color of green. And they were all wedding gifts from different people.

  16. I just entered a short piece of literary fiction I wrote into a National Undergraduate Literature Conference to see if I'll get the chance to attend.

  17. I have a $15 lamp next to my computer desk that flickers every time I move my chair.

  18. I only have 3/4 cup of flour left in my flour bucket.

  19. I believe that the best remedy for a bad day is Graham crackers With Frosting And Milk.

  20. Last night, after I picked Kent up from his class at 10:30 pm, I bought him tacos from Jack-in-the-box and paid for them in quarters.

  21. The most frightening moment of my life was when I was in second grade and I got chased down the street by a St. Bernard while I was walking home from school. That might explain the dislike of pets.

  22. My newest favorite song is "Lemonade" by Chris Rice. I just discovered it yesterday, and I listened to it until I ran out of free listens on the website.
  23. The next place we hope to travel to is either Cancun or Portugal.
  24. I want to live in a house with a window over the kitchen sink.
  25. I make a point of watching a sunrise every couple of months.

I tag: Jesika, Jess, and Jamie

10 comments:

Jamie Blake said...

How fun!!!
Becca I love hobbies and think that I might possibly have too many of them! Maybe I will send some your way. :)
Painting, stained glass, quilting, book making...
If you wanna learn, that would be fun!

Dallin said...

We are sooo excited that you guys are coming back to Texas. We'll have to fire up the grill when you get here. What date should we set up the welcoming party for? I liked the 25 things, even the random ones were fun. I think you should make Kent post some.

Teresa said...

It's always fun to learn a little bit more- thanks for sharing.
Been meaning to tell you I love how you change out your Banners through out the season and that they center around the love you two have for each other.
:}

heidi said...

cute! i like my window over my sink but this next house that we are planing to buy doesn't, sad!

Creole Wisdom said...

You're so good! I am so sorry you got chased by that dog. It sounds terrifying! And not to be mean, but dogs smell. I guess I'm a cat gal!

I think you'd make a good scrapbooker- I'm sure your SIL Shannon can hook you up with some extra supplies, if she hasn't already!

The blinds have gotta be open! Isn't natural light the best?!?

Shannon b said...

#3 - cute. :)
#4 - well, there's always scrapbooking. ;) Or knitting (I've seen some really cute stuff - but I know I don't have the time or patience for it). Some of my friends are really into jewelry making and sewing projects (like aprons & purses).

It was fun getting to know you better!

The Tibbitts said...

Super fun! I agree with a lot of your comments, especially the one about graham crackers, frosting, and milk. Oh, and by the way, I don't think you could ever be a frumpy word person, but maybe a pretty word person.

Lisa Brown said...

Paying in quarters totally reminds me of Kevin and I's second year of marriage. I would really be craving a burger, but we would be out of funds or I didn't have cash for the place around the corner - I would dig through everything in our apartment until I found enough change. Once I even raided the quarter collection I had been working on for four years :). Fun times!

Lisa Brown said...

Oh, and if you need something to take up some of your spare time when you graduate, I have a very fun book list. Reading for pleasure was something I never had time for in college.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

That was a fun peak into your life.