Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The 1st trimester report.

I wanted to record some of these special, unusual, wacky pregnancy symptoms and things for me to look back on someday.


  • We found out I was pregnant while we were in Hawaii on our anniversary trip.
  • I have been very blessed with not feeling too sick. Sometimes during the first trimester I would get morning sickness at bedtime, but there was only one night that I even felt close to losing my dinner. I stocked up on ginger ale and saltines, but didn't even need them. I am SO grateful for that.
  • For about five weeks in a row I could not survive without a one or two hour nap between my classes.
  • Every couple of days I have a strange metal taste in my mouth that I cannot get rid of.
  • I craved an Egg McMuffin for almost a month, but as soon as I finally got to eat one the craving reversed and now I can't even think about eating an Egg McMuffin. Now my cravings change every couple of days.
  • I've already been feeling the nesting instinct and I have uncontrollable urges to clean.
  • Since being pregnant, being too close to people makes me feel claustrophobic. I wig out sometimes when Kent tries to cuddle with me.
  • My sense of smell is seriously bionic. I had to make Kent stop wearing the cologne I bought him for Christmas because it was just too strong.
  • I can't wait to get big enough for maternity clothes. Right now I just feel awkward-like I'm getting fatter but it's not obvious that I have a reason to be gaining weight.
  • Kent says that my mood swings were worse when we were engaged than they are now.
  • We have a girl name picked out, and we picked it way back in November, but we don't even have a single boy name we both agree on.
  • All in all, I LOVE being pregnant. I've had it pretty good so far, but I think I'd like it even if I was sick. There's just something so special and happy about it.

Kent with baby Luke. Doesn't Kent look so cute? He's going to be the best daddy. We are both so, so excited.

5 comments:

heidi said...

my first sign of being pregnant with carlee was my hate for the awful smell of one of sam's collone that spilt in the car. that was the first time i got sick & we discovered i was prego a few days later. so basically i sympithise with you on the collone

Jamie Blake said...

I am so jealous. I shouldn't be, but I totally am! Congrats again, you guys!

Lisa Brown said...

I am so glad you aren't sick! I couldn't hold down food or watter for 8 of the nine months when I was pregnant with Derek, and so I hope nobody goes through that same thing.

And the name thing sounds so familiar! We only had a girl name picked out, but could not agree on a boys. Thank goodness Lily was a girl :).

When Derek came along, kevin spent my entire pregnancy saying he wanted to name him either Dark ("Dark Brown") or Chewy (short for Chewbaca). Thank goodness he relaled likes Derek Fisher on the LA LAkers, because that is what sold him on the name Derek :). I don't know what name we will use when we ever have another baby.

Creole Wisdom said...

Fun, fun! I'm glad you're not feeling like you need to throw up. And man, to be tired on top of school, sounds like graduation can come soon! I like to nap, and hate being tired, so I can imagine how crabby I would be if I didn't get my naps ; )

Hope the metal taste eases up, and enjoy it! Post some pictures sometime of you- I'm sure you do not look fat!

Jess said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you two!