Friday, February 13, 2009

give love

Kent asked me what he could get me for Valentine's Day. I said "nothing." And not just because I was being sweet. I really couldn't think of anything, and truthfully, it makes me happier to just have him do nice things for me than for him to actually give me something.

So of course, he did both. All week long he's been making a particular effort to ask me every night what the "one thing I would have him do for me" is. And so, he's done the dishes. He's organized his school stuff. He's made the bed (at 11:00 pm).

And then, to top it all off, he left this for me to come home to. He remembered how much I LOVE red velvet cupcakes. And flowers that are "happy" colors and not just the traditional red/pink. And that I don't really like roses anyway. Sigh!

A woman was in line behind him at the floral shop, and she was making comments about how pretty the flowers are and how impressed she was that Kent would pick something like that. When he got home, Kent told me he has learned that "Making my wife happy usually means making someone else's husband unhappy."


I made another cake. I can now say that I have had enough with buttercream (not that I'm any better at it than when I started-I'm just tired of using it). Bring on the fondant!
I decorated with edible paper. Did you even know there was such a thing? I didn't. But one cool thing--it's Kosher. Says so on the package.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Kent is a sweetie- you guys make me smile.
Happy Day-
ps. we have snow on the hills, can you believe it, last weekend it was 75- Denver and his crew went to the beach anyways- it should be much warmer there. :}

Shannon b said...

how sweet! Sounds like Kent knows all the right tricks to make his wife happy.

Dallin said...

Kent, you are a stud! Keep up the good work. I agree with the quote about making someone elses husband unhappy, I've been guilty of that before as well.

Libby said...

Nice flowers. I like the colorful ones as well. Cute cake.