Saturday, February 14, 2009

Special Christmas Gift, Part 1

On Christmas Eve my family does a little Nativity where we dress up and sing Christmas songs while Dad reads the Nativity story from Luke 2. It's a special tradition to remind us of what Christmas really means so that we aren't just thinking about the awesome stuff we're going to get the next morning.


This year, Kent and I played Mary and Joseph, which was fitting, because we are the only married children. It is always a little funny to see Nathan as Joseph and Sarah as Mary, and while Josh and I could probably look like we go together, that would just be weird. :D So we dressed up and acted out the scenes and had a very nice Christmas Eve.






Oh, and I guess there is one other little reason why it was fitting that we played the parts of Mary and Joseph.



Can you guess?




Yep, you got it. It's because we got a very special gift for Christmas this year. Kent bought us this beautiful dresser that I just love!

Don't you think Mary and Joseph had a dresser this nice?



Does that make sense to you?

2 comments:

heidi said...

ha ha! the dresser makes it very fitting. (wink)

Creole Wisdom said...

Oh you are so cute and funny, "does that make sense to you" wink wink. HEHEHEH. I'm glad I didn't have to wait for the post after this, I would of been dying with anticipation!