Sunday, November 18, 2007

Wedding Shower

One of my friends and her mom threw me a wedding shower yesterday. It was really nice, and fun to see people from the wards I've been in. We had hot chocolate and doughnuts for the refreshments, and it was more of an open house type shower, with people just coming and going. I had my Blurb book I made for people to sign and I set up pictures and my wedding dress for everyone to look at. It was great, and we got a ton of great presents! Kent said that Teresa would be wanting to see what I got, so here are some pictures for everyone!

Oh, and we went out yesterday and bought a beautiful painting of the Savior to hang up in our apartment. We got it from Seagull Book. It is a Greg Olsen painting called "Gentle Healer" and we got a very large one with a beautiful black frame and a light green mat around it. I love it! I would take a picture of that, too, but it's in bubble wrap and wouldn't show up very well.

My mom and my sister etched "Andersen" into these casserole dishes for us.


My mom made this afgan for us to use.

One of my old Young Women's leaders gave us the most creative gift--a game to play while we eat popcorn, then we can brush our teeth and use the toothbrush holder and then we can read a bedtime story to each other.




2 comments:

Emily said...

looks like a fun night! Enjoy every minute of the remaining days of your engagement it is such a fun time! You are only a bride to be once... It's all about the two of you and just so exciting!!...

Teresa said...

Looks like you had a lovely time. Glad you were able to find a painting you liked.