Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

Until this year I had never been to the day-after-Thanksgiving sales. My parents usually go for a good deal on a toy for Christmas or something, but I had always opted to sleep in. This year, though, I had a bunch of stuff I had to buy for our wedding, and so I went along. We woke up at 2:30 a.m. and then split off to the different stores. Josh went to Al's to get something I needed (what a good brother!), my dad went to Staples, and my mom and I went to Shopko. It was crazy! But also kind of exciting. Some people get really serious about their good deals! We like to get stuff, but we're not mean about it.

We were trying to get a "roboreptile" toy for my brothers and some of my cousins, so my mom directed me to "race to the toys, and grab three roboreptiles. Apparently every other person in line had the same instructions. So as soon as the doors opened it was a race to the back, people knocking over other displays, shoving past each other, pulling pajamas and coats off the racks as they ran past. Exciting! :D Within half a minute (I'm not exaggerating!) all of the roboreptiles were gone and I had to drag my stash back behind the shoe aisle so no one would steal them from me. Anyway, we had a very successful morning altogether, though, and between the four of us we made it to Al's, Shopko, Staples, Kings, Magical Moon Toys, Bath and Body Works, and Home Depot. And then we came back and went to bed again at 8:30 a.m. Fun stuff!

We had a very good Thanksgiving with all our family. It was very, very nice. I can't believe how fast this week of break from school has gone. I haven't even had any time to just sit and relax yet! I've been just as busy, if not even busier, than I am at school. But it has still been refreshing to do something different and spend time with family.

Oh, and Kent won $50 at Costco yesterday because he ate a total of 6 lbs of food!! What a crazy guy. After finishing his last plate and weighing in for the contest he was sick. He's very motivated. I would not throw up just for $50.

5 comments:

Wood Family said...

Kent is the MAN!

Anonymous said...

I've never done the early morning thing either. But today I went shopping at 1pm, hoping to avoid the crazy crowds. At Target I walked by a crying little girl (4yo maybe) with a Target employee who was saying, "we'll help you find your mommy." So sad!

Teresa said...

Never done the early morning shopping either.... {2am that's crazy!} but did go to Target later today for a new movie..{sounds like I had a day similar to Shannon's} Glad you had a great time.

heidi said...

kent was so funny at thanksgiving eating all that food.

crazy shopping day, never done it. & by the way it sounds who knows if i ever will. maybe!

Anonymous said...

I did-O (I've never done the early shopping) don't like waiting in lines... but my sons do it every year crazy standing in line for four or more hours that's "nuts."