Saturday, November 17, 2007

Christmas Tree

We were put to work hanging the lighted garland above the cupboards.



It is still before Thanksgiving, and we put up the Wood Family Christmas tree. We have never done it this early before, but since Kent is here now, we decided to go for it!

Our Christmas tree traditions include: putting up the tree, having every person help put the decorations on it, having eggnog to celebrate, dad reading "Mr. Wilaby's Christmas Tree" using all his fun voices and letting us finish the sentences for him, getting matching pajamas my mom makes, then setting up sleeping bags and everyone sleeping in the living room so we can look at the lights. It was so fun to do it and especially to
have Kent here! He fits right in with our family it just feels so good to have him here. My little brother, Nathan, pulled me aside yesterday and said, "Becca, did you know that Kent is my brother?" "Really?" "Yes, he's part of our family now." The Christmas music, the lights, the decorations, my family all together and Kent with me. It was one of the best nights ever. I love Christmas!
My dad always "lifts" one of us up high enough to reach the top and put the bow on. We take turns each year, and since Kent has never had a turn, it was his turn this time.Eggnog mustache. Yum!



Oh, and Dan, we tried to take pictures of the Christmasmobile but Christmas lights don't show up very well with my camera. Sorry!

1 comment:

Shannon b said...

what fun traditions -- I especially like the sleeping under the Christmas tree. My boys would think that is the coolest thing ever!