Sunday, November 11, 2007

Acts of service

Last night a bunch of my roommates from last year got together and we had a "girl's night." It was a blast! I love those girls so much. We had a lot of fun doing some of the things we always enjoyed doing last year when we lived together. I'm so grateful to have friends who love me.

I'm looking for suggestions about what I can do for some of my roommates that I'm trying to show more love towards. Any ideas of little acts of service I can do for them? Kent's suggestion was to polish their shoes like he would do for his mission companions in the MTC. I don't think that would work as well for my roommates...

Today I'm grateful for Christmas lights (Kent put some up in his car! "I'm spreading Christmas joy throughout Rexburg!"), good friends and a fun night, going home for Thanksgiving in five days, and for getting married in 36 days!!

7 comments:

Teresa said...

A thermos of hot chocolate, with a cute little note; might be appreciated if it cold outside.
A coupon good for doing one of their chores when life gets busy.{I know I would like that} It's been awhile since I was in school- so I'm not much help.
Kent is too funny about the lights- He's always been a big Christmas fan.
Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Hi Becca! I have had so much fun reading your blog - I can't believe how quickly your big day is coming! I am so excited for you! My roommates and I used to scrape the snow off each other's cars - it was always a great suprise to find out you didn't have to scrape your car windows when you were running late for class and it was freezing outside! Other than that - I think it's the little things - cleaning the bathroom when it's not your turn, loading the dishwasher, make their bed or put away their laundry. Put a special treat on their pillow with a quote or your favorite thing about them. (I must be feeling overwhelmed by housework, sorry all of my suggestions revolve around it!) - just taking the time to let them know you care is the best service!

Becca and Kent said...

Thanks so much for the suggestions!! It's good have ideas for things that are out of the ordinary to do for them.

Shannon b said...

wow-sounds like you've got a ton of great ideas already. I was also thinking about housework-chores type stuff. I know that in college it's always hard to find time for that stuff when you're so busy with classes & work. Maybe take the initiative and wash her towels for her (usually they're hanging out so you wouldn't have to feel like you're going through her stuff) . . . . or make her bed on a busy morning . . . . make dinner for everyone (maybe on a day that they typically come home late from class & don't have time to cook) . . . . if she is getting low on milk, bread, fruit or some other food staple or favorite food, go to the grocery store and replenish it for her . . .

And Kent . . . you are just about the funniest, cutest boy ever. Thanks for doing your part to spread Christmas joy! =)

Anonymous said...

You need to post a photo of the Christmasmobile. That would be cute to see.

Becca and Kent said...

The Christmasmobile. That's a good name for it. :D

Emily said...

Hi your blog is so cute- you change the look a lot- where do you find your cute backgrouds?? I am stumped with my blog...HELP