Saturday, September 28, 2013

to the lake

A few weeks ago, Kent and I woke up s.i.c.k. on Sunday morning.  We had a cold that was hitting us hard and we knew we weren't going to make it to Church.  

We spent the entire morning just laying around while the kids wreaked havoc on the house and ate cereal for breakfast, lunch, and all mini-meals in between.

As the afternoon came, we were feeling a bit better and we were feeling incredibly tired of being in our house,
so we jumped in the car and drove into the mountains.
We found a lake. (More like a pond, really)
We had a glorious time.

(Until Nicholas tripped and skinned his knee.....but everything up to that point was wonderful. Like I said, this is just our life right now.)

And it's a pretty sweet life at that.

I proved myself the "cool mom" when I waded out into the freezing water to pick up a stick Nicholas had thrown in.  I have to do things like that every so often so my kids don't forget that I'm fun.
We were only there for about 45 minutes before the rain clouds rolled in, but those 45 minutes walking around a lake in the mountains were exactly what we needed to shake off the sick-day blues. 

No comments: