Wednesday, November 9, 2011

tender mercies

Our first family of four photo-right before Kent left.
I don't know how to say it any other way.
Moving and changing jobs at the same time as having a baby is rough/almost impossible.  I would never recommend it to anyone.
These post-pregnancy hormones are killing me.

But I know how things could be worse.  So so much worse.  
Because really, we love each other and we are healthy and we have money and safety and faith and family and 
there are so many people who don't have those.

Since it's November, I'm going to focus on the tender mercies.
There are many.
1. Kent.  I'm getting teary-eyed just thinking about how good I've got it. (did I mention the hormones?)  He is everything to me, and we are missing him like crazy right now. I have come to realize how blessed I am to be in a relationship like this-we love each other, we serve each other, and we like each other too!

2. My children. Nicholas is my sweet boy and I am doing everything I can to figure out how to balance my attention so I can spend the time with him that I want to.  
Ellie is a dear-she is a perfect baby.  She even sleeps 8 hour stretches at night!  In fact, I'm having to wake her up so she can eat as often as she needs to right now. Oh the irony. (but believe me, once she gains the weight like she's supposed to, I'm letting this baby sleep!)

3. Our moms.  Maybe it's just the hormones again, but the idea of having to be alone right now while Kent is working for two weeks just terrifies me.  Another adult presence in the house has saved my sanity this week.  

4. Health.  I feel SO good not being pregnant anymore.  I can move! I can sit on the floor! I can lay on my stomach! I can breathe deep and eat without heartburn and go more than 15 minutes without needing to use the bathroom.  
Yesterday I took Ellie to her well check-we had to go up to the childrens' hospital do the heel prick blood test and she needed an ultrasound to see if her hips are normal (nothing major-just wanted to check on them) and there were lots of sick kids.  Kids with real and serious problems.  And I snuggled my healthy baby close and was oh so grateful.

Life is far from easy right now,
but the beautiful parts are coming into focus.  
We are blessed.

5 comments:

Shannon b said...

sweet post. :)

Mariley Johnson said...

Isn't the gospel wonderful to help us see it how it really is?Heavenly Father is good to us.

anitawarnick.com said...

Very sweet post! I can't believe you have already been out twice! I hide for 2 months:) She is beyond adorable! AHHH those cheeks. Kiddos have been sick but we would love to see little Ellie when they are all better!

Libby said...

Hang in there. I've been in your situation and I look back now and wonder how we did it. Glad to hear Ellie is doing well and that you have Teresa there to help you.

Creole Wisdom said...

Love your beautiful perspective that is so grounded in your faith in Jesus Christ.

Life is so hard. So hard. I have no idea why, but we all have to hang in there.

I cannot imagine how busy you must be: new baby, toddler and moving. But in that photo you've got such a nice smile and it's evident- inner peace.

Keep on keepin' on :)