Monday, August 23, 2010

stepping

Yesterday morning-Nicholas examining himself in the oven reflection

Just five minutes ago Nicholas walked from the couch all the way to where I was standing in the kitchen.

I guess that means my baby is now a toddler.

He's gotten more and more brave with his steps. I love it. He'll be sitting in the middle of the room and decides that he wants to walk. So he spends a few minutes grunting and maneuvering this way and that until he's standing with his legs spread wide. Then he sticks out his belly and steps off,
sometimes he only gets one or two steps before he wobbles backwards.
But more and more often he manages to get all the way across the room before his excitement gets the better of him and he falls over.

And the whole time he's walking he's got this grin...the "hey look how cool I am!" grin.

How is it possible that every stage with my little boy is more fun than the last one?

6 comments:

Shannon b said...

oh walking! It's a mix of fun, excitement, and mayhem. Enjoy this new stage!

heidi said...

it's fun when they walk! I can't seem to keep myself from encouraging them to do it, even though I know what comes with that!

Teresa said...

I agree with both Shannon and Heidi- enjoy...but oh boy!
=)

The Tibbitts said...

I know! Each stage just gets better and better and everytime you think it can't get better, it does! Being a mom is the greatest!

Savanah said...

So much fun! I love that he found his reflection in the oven. That is so funny to watch! He is adorable!

Lisa Brown said...

He he! And now the fun really begins :).