Sunday, August 15, 2010

the night before he was born

A year ago today, we:

Spent the morning at Sears looking for a new microwave.

Kent bought me new earrings,

which I wore the rest of the day.
We got dressed up and ready for the Saturday night session of Stake Conference.

We got there early so I didn't have to sit on the hard seats in the overflow.

I spent the entire 2 hours walking the hallways anyway.
I was uncomfortable. So uncomfortable.

I said "I am done being pregnant."
Kent said "That probably means you have ten more days until he's born."
I almost cried.

We went to the grocery store to get ice cream.
We saw some friends there, also stopping on their way home from Stake Conference, also buying ice cream.

We came home, ate pizza bread and ice cream.

Then, my water broke.

On my way from the couch to the bathroom. 
Kent had gone upstairs to play video games.
"Kent," I called, "come down here please!"
"But I'm playing a game...come up here."
"No, I really need  you to come down here."
He was quiet, so then I added, "My water broke."
He nearly fell down the stairs he came so fast.

And then he rushed around the house, packing last-minute things and putting the bags in the car and
telling me "it's time to go!"

I wasn't nervous or rushed. I took my time.
I was just happy to think that Kent was wrong...
I wouldn't have to wait 10 more days.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

That's one of my favorite pictures of the three of you. =)

heidi said...

I was done last wednesday so I guess I have till this saturday, ha ha, we'll see about that...today I have this feeling of giving up, that it will never happen!

Lisa Brown said...

Yea, I am all caught up on your blog :). I can't believe Nicholas is already one! Time sure flies! It sounds like you are having a fantastic summer, and that you had a blast with your family in Utah.

Jocelyn said...

Has a whole year passed? Time seems to fly when you have a little love to care for. What a happy year and great post to celebrate. plus it's always fun for the hubby to be wrong!

Dallin said...

Happy Birthday Nicholas! Sorry our travel plans precluded us from making the celebration, we'll have to stop by this week some time.