Thursday, October 1, 2009

personality


I think one of the best things about this parenthood stuff is watching your baby's personality start to come through. Nicholas is so funny-the expressions on his face are just too much. He makes us wonder how much he understands of what we say and do.
It seems sometimes he's looking up at us going, "seriously? You two have got to be the craziest people around. And I'm stuck with you?"
Can I just say that I love those little lips? And those cheeks. And that nose. Oh my goodness.
Even at 2 in the morning when the crying from the crib pulls me out of my bed, I go into his room and the instant I see that little face, all scrunched up and red and hungry, I'm amazed at how cute this child is.
It can't be legal to be that cute, really.Yeah, so about that schedule stuff? Well we're still working on timing bedtime (and mornings, and naptime, and dinner...). A few nights ago he fell asleep way before we were ready for him to go to bed, and I tried giving him a bath to wake him up.
You can see how well that worked.
I guess we're doing a decent job parenting-it takes a pretty content little guy to fall asleep in the bathtub. He was actually snoring, too. He sleeps as though there isn't a care in the world.
What a life!

3 comments:

heidi said...

ha ha, even the bath wouldn't wake him up!! too cute!

Teresa said...

he is changing- oh my...thanks for sharing the adorable photos.

Lisa Brown said...

What a sweetheart - and his eyes are so expressive! And don't stress too much about a schedule while he is so little. As long as he does most of his sleeping at night (for your sake) and you feed him when he is hungry, you are good to go :).