Wednesday, October 7, 2009

fall decorating

This is just the beginning of what I want to do for fall decorations, but there's a little guy hanging around here that is too much fun to play with-he keeps distracting me from the decorating process.
That's okay with me.
But I thought I'd show you what I've done so far.My mom actually mailed me a box of pumpkins. My family grows them to sell, and I was having a hard time bringing myself to buy pumpkins (I'm used to other people paying me for them) and so she filled one of those prepaid USPS boxes with pumpkins and gourds for me. Thanks Mom!

I used windex (thanks Teresa!) to scrub the stickers off of some empty sparkling lemonade bottles, then I put some fake brown and white daisies in them. I love the cheery, autumny result.
Then for the hanging flower jars in my half bath, I used white daisies, fall berry garland, brown ribbon, and filled the jars with acorns.
(The jar on the left is still waiting for acorns-I'm taking the acorns off of my neighbor's tree, and I haven't gotten the guts yet to take my ladder out there to pick the ones I can't reach... I doubt he would care, but then, maybe he wants his acorns to decorate with, too, right?)

I have some more projects I want to do.
I might get to them,
I might not.

9 comments:

Creole Wisdom said...

You're a queen.

You are WAY ahead of me. I have some ideas, but am too busy sitting on my bed/the couch? Hm! Not good.

Love what you've done. And I have to say- how lucky you were to grow up to HAVE your very own pumpkins. I suppose I could grow some, too, but there's that issue of the couch again!

The Tibbitts said...

Cute Decor! I should be better about decorating for holidays, maybe I will use some of your cute ideas. I can't believe how Nicholas is growing-he is starting to look more like a baby and less like a newborn. He is adorable!

heidi said...

very fun! enjoy the fall!

Teresa said...

the jars in the bathroom look great- and that little guys is getting way too cute. give him kisses for me.

Lisa Brown said...

Very cute! And I love the last picture - it is exactly what you should be doing :).

Bree said...

yay for fall decorating! looks like we all have the fever. :)

Emily said...

that reminds me... I should get my boxes out. I love Fall colors and decorating! How nice of your mom to send pumpkins... sound like something my mom has done... hmmmm they must be sisters! :)

Nicholas is getting so big!

I got the "bear suit" for Oliver at Old Navy they were 10 dollars! Do not buy any warm stuff for when you are here I will have things you can borrow. is it ever cold in Texas cuz winter wear is the next size I have for Nicholas you may not even want it though with all that warmth you get!

xoxo

anitawarnick.com said...

Nicholas is sooo cute! I love your decorations....I haven't even got to decorations since I haven't even put our pictures back on the wall...:) The last picture just made me laugh, just too cute! I love your earlier post about motherhood, I relate to all that you said. Isn't it wonderful? :)
oh yes, and about a schedule...don't stress too much, Pax just started a "normal routine"...and He is still not sleeping through the night...got love it:)

anitawarnick.com said...

Oh yes, and one more thing to add in the advice column, which is filled with a whole 7 months of experience, and that you really didn't ask me for...haha, anyway....It really does get so much easier when they can sit up...