Sunday, October 25, 2009

trunk or treating

This is the story of a little boy's first Halloween party ever.

Here is the dad taping up black tissue paper in the trunk. He spent almost three hours setting it all up.Here is the dog that does not belong to this family, but stayed around all morning pretending to belong. The mom thought that it was actually pretty cute as far as dogs are concerned, until the dad informed her that the dog was eating grass because it was sick and needed to throw up.
Then the mom remembered that she does not like dogs. At all.
This is the family as the party began. A dragon, the princess he captured, and the knight in shining dollar-store armor who came to rescue her.
The dragon was ferocious, and spent the evening doing scary things like smiling and cooing and licking his costume.

Here is his lair. Which won the best trunk award, by the way. The dad was very proud of all his hard work. The mom thought it was pretty fun, too. And yes, that is a fog machine. This dad went all out!

The dragon tried his hardest to scare off all the little trick or treaters. He wanted to keep all the candy for himself.
But when his dad told him that eating candy requires teeth, he decided to share after all.
And everyone had a good time.

The end.

12 comments:

Pey-Jing Li Mehrinfar said...

So...very...adorable! I love it!

Emily said...

sounds like a fairy tale to me! very cute dragon suit by the way!
xoxo

Cindy said...

So Cute!! Glad it turned out well. Again Nicholas is SO cute in his costume

Teresa said...

I love a story with a happy Ending-
and of course having a "Knight in Dollar store armor" is a big plus too. =)
This made my day.

Teresa said...

Oh, one more thing....it was nice to see Kent in something besides a pumpkin costume. =)

heidi said...

very cute! how fun that you won the best trunk award! your family looks cute!

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I've visited you both here at you blog. So a big hello - you have a very cute son and your family super cool deck-out costumes --- by the way my grandson Rylan is also a Green dragon this year! Well happy Halloween.. Aunt Kristeen

Shannon b said...

so very cute! I love the themed Halloween.
What time was your trunk-or-treat? Ours is always in the dark, so the daylight is throwing my mind for a loop. :)
I would stay away from that dog too. It has a freakishly long tongue.

Lis said...

HOW FUN! Im so sad we missed it. I love the dragon costume and how you guys all match! So cute!

Lisa Brown said...

So fun! Love the dragon costume. Lily was a pretty small baby for her first Halloween too, but I still took her trick-or-treating because I couldn't resist showing her off in her costume :).

Savanah said...

You are adorable! I love the creative ways you post your blogs!

anitawarnick.com said...

So So cute. That costume looks pretty warm, I'd almost believe that it was cooler there in Texas but than I noticed Kent was wearing short sleaves! I love the dragon costume, where did you get that?