Thursday, October 29, 2009

momentous

I wanted to record this moment. For posterity. For history.
For my own sanity.

At this point in time, I have absolutely NO laundry to fold. Not one sock, burpcloth, or shirt. Every item of clothing is clean and accounted for.
This hasn't happened for at least two months, possibly longer. I can't remember that far back.

But now, thanks to Nicholas's two-hour nap and a healthy dose of motivation, it is finished!

Beautiful.

It's fascinating how motherhood changes your perspective.

4 comments:

Shannon b said...

woo-hoo! Enjoy the moment while it lasts!

Lis said...

youre pretty amazing! That happens like twice a year around here- and Lexi's TWO now.

The Tibbitts said...

I am so proud of you and happy for you. I think motherhood teaches you to appreciate the simple accomplishments in life-like laundry and vacumming and dishes and the list goes on and on.

Lisa Brown said...

Motherhood is just a series of small victories after another :). My victory for today was retunring the library books just in time :).