Friday, July 10, 2009

wishing

Homeownership brought me something that I hadn't quite expected.
A lengthy (and pricey) wishlist.

Now that we're in the house and can see it coming together little by little,
I've got big plans for this place.

We have told ourselves that we'll be here for 5 to 7 years,
and I think it is going to take that long before we get the house just the way we want it.

This canvas would be so perfect for the wall between my cupboards and pantry door.

And this bench would be great for the empty wall by the garage door.

I'd love this rug in my kitchen. I'm thinking of doing the walls a light blue and using red accents.

I'm also looking for a cute bench and bookshelf to put in the hall upstairs. I want to make a little snuggle/reading corner up there.

We should be getting new light fixtures this weekend (hooray!), and we'll finish up painting soon, too. My next project is finding or making curtains. Then we'd like to put tile in the kitchen and bathrooms, refinish the kitchen cupboards, and put a real lawn in next spring.

So much to do, but so fun, too! I never knew how fulfilling it would be to create a beautiful space for our little family.

5 comments:

heidi said...

I agree it's very fulfilling

heidi said...

oh yes! I love your picks, they are so nice. that canvas is gorgeous

Teresa said...

Yes, I agree- love the canvas you picked too- perfect saying for you guys.

The Tibbitts said...

I bet that is so fun to see things coming together. I am sure your house is and will be beautiful.

Lisa Brown said...

I felt the same way when we moved into this house, but them I had to remind myself that we are only renting it, and so I will save my dreams when we are free to be creative with our own place. I love your choices, by the way :).