Saturday, July 25, 2009

how much longer?

Last night
Kent decided to start working on tax stuff.
So instead of going to bed, I started cleaning.

That was probably a bad idea.
Within minutes I was in full-blown "nesting" mode.
After doing the dishes, I sanitized all the countertops (which were clean already),
then I organized the final boxes that have been sitting in our bedroom.
Then I dusted our dresser.
I organized the screws that were sitting on top, making sure they were in a neat little row.
Then I went into the bathroom and folded all the towels. They had to be exactly strait with each other.
Which isn't very easy to do with towels. They're too fluffy.

My obsession with order finally ended when Kent was calling me from bed,
begging me to stop and come pray with him so he could go to sleep.
And when I realized that it was simply unnecessary to get out the measuring tape and make sure all of the shower curtain hooks were the same distance apart.
Cleanliness is next to godliness, but I think that right after that comes insanity.

Oh, and yesterday, I ate an entire large plateful of brownies. By myself.
I tried to save some for Kent,
but I couldn't.

I am definitely 8 1/2 months pregnant.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Those wouldn't have been our brownies were they? Haha. Glad you enjoyed them. Have fun with that nesting stuff. I always thought it was great because then my house was super clean.

Dad said...

Don't tell me you are getting just a little OCD on us. Pretty soon you will be like Sarah and have to make sure the food on your plate is in the exact proper order. Haha :)

Lisa Brown said...

I think you have to go a little crazy at the end of pregnancy - it is what makes you crazy enough to want to go through childbirth to end it all :). Good luck with your last little bit!!

Signature Kauai said...

It is amazing what those pregnancy juices do to us huh? ... I wish I could get a little of that back... now there is no time for straightening, fixing or fussing over things. and I have little desire with life so crazy!! :) but babies are grand! I can't wait for Nicholas to arrive! good luck with these last few weeks. although they may seem hard they are easy compared to the next pregnancy and the next and the next... enjoy all the newness and wonder with your firstborn... it is an incredible journey!!

xoxo

heidi said...

lol, that is so funny! i'm glad you stopped at measuring the shower curtain hooks!

Teresa said...

=) just a few more weeks- The day I went in the hospital for Kent- I had to mow the lawn- it was driving me crazy- not sure why it seemed really long, but we just mowed it the day before- hang in there =)

Murray Ohana said...

I know how you feel...my due date was yesterday, but surprisingly I am feeling more patience now then I was a month ago. I am trying not to think about it too much. Your new house is beautiful and your nursery is so cute. It will be heavenly bringing your Nicholas home. Good luck!