Friday, July 17, 2009

small things

Life is all about the small things, I think.
This isn't to say that we should stress about the details and lose the big picture. That's not what I'm saying.
I'm just thinking that we need to spend more time being happy because of little things.
Or maybe that's just what I need to do.
Especially when I'm thinking it hurts too much to do what I'm being asked to.
Faith, I'm realizing, doesn't mean that sad things won't hurt. But it does mean that you'll still be able to see the beauty of the small things. And be happy again.

Being alive is hard. But it is also good. Good because of the small things.

The smell of rain outside the window.
Tiny socks and a carseat I'll get to use in 6 more weeks.
Newborn diapers. So super cute.
Finally having a kitchen with adequate counter space!
Wondering if "counter space" is supposed to be one word. Counterspace?
These incredible cobbler cupcakes with homemade whipped cream.
Learning that "self-rising flour" can be created just by adding salt and baking powder.
Sharing those cupcakes with friends.
Quiet whispers of peace in times of trial.

It's all about the small and simple.

3 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Wonderful thoughts! And those look delicious!!!

marilyn said...

I like your perspective. Small and simple is more don't you think. Can't wait to try this recipe with the raspberries I have in the yard!

Dallin said...

Thanks for sharing, they were great! I especially enjoyed the homemade whipped cream.