Sunday, July 19, 2009

nursery

It's not completely done--my mom is making a crib bumper and skirt for us, I need to find curtains, and I'm going to paint the big wagon on the floor.
Oh, and Kent is going to add crown molding.
But other than that, it's all set up!

We got most of the wooden things in the room from my Grandpa Murray. I love my little table and chairs most. You could never buy something with the same quality as the things Grandpa makes.
The crib is from my parents--it's the one they had for all of us, but it's in perfect condition. Something to do with the fact that none of us ever actually slept much.

The blanket on the crib is one my mom made. It's a miniature version of the quilt she made us for our wedding.
The rocking chair is from my aunt Tammy, and I love it! So comfortable, and I can see myself spending lots of hours in it rocking my little baby.
Teresa bought us the beautiful dresser, and she gave us the blanket and sweater I have sitting on the shelf. They were Kent's when he was a baby.

Everything in this room represents people who love little Nicholas.
It's now my favorite room of the house.

7 comments:

Jamie Blake said...

Absolutely darling!! I am glad things are going so well with you guys in San Antonio and am excited to see pictures of your little guy when that time comes.
I love looking at your blog...i am so excited for you guys. but a little jealous, i will admit! i need to work on being more Christ-like i guess!

Lisa Brown said...

I love all the new baby clothes hanging in the closet - so much fun!!

heidi said...

so fun that you have his room all together & with time to spare. i'm so excited for you guys!

Lisa and McCord said...

Aw!!! So cute. I love all the cute furniture. Great job decorating. You are so cute. Keep posting pictures. I love the belly family picture on the left hand side of your blog. =)

Teresa said...

I bet it feels good to have everything ready for your little guy- looks great.
Now too much longer to wait =)

The Tibbitts said...

Everything looks perfect! I can't wait to see pictures of that room filled with little Nicholas. I think it would be my favorite room too.

Emily said...

looks like your ready... but are you ever REALLY ready?? Such a huge change is ahead... it's so wonderful hang in there, try not to sweat the small stuff, or the big stuff either... just enjoy. Your first pregnancy is different than all the rest... first baby too... lots of firsts still ahead! have fun, relax, and enjoy your last few weeks :)

xoxo